Friday 6 April 2018

Masala Makhana

Masala Makhana
Makhana also known as Fox nuts is a popular fasting food.Its health benefits are superior to those of dry fruits like almonds or walnuts. Makhana is rich in proteins,carbohydrates,fiber,zinc and iron.They are high in fiber content,as it enables weight loss also.
When i was a kid and my mother use to feed me fox nuts and i have never found it even eatable because its tasteless.I used to chew the makhana and it was a task for me to gulp them down ;-p.
One day my mom made these makhanas and i had them with a smile on my face."Thank God" it was tasty and i couldn't stop myself from eating them.
After that day i have started loving makhanas and now i make them for my daughter as well as my family.



 These fox nuts are crispy,crunchy,tangy and spicy too.I have roasted them with home made ghee and believe me its really yum and you can enjoy it with your evening tea.
You can give these makhana in your kid's tiffin too or in the morning your kids can have this with milk.
Masala Makhana is a tummy filler snack and its very beneficial in constipation because it high in fiber content.
Makhana is really good specially for ladies who are above 30.Women normally lack in calcium and they feel pain in their knees or back,so start taking the makhana in your diet everyday and get rid of  health problems.
So here goes the simple recipe of Masala Makhana



Ingredients-

  1. Makhana - 1/2 kg
  2. Ghee - 3 to 4 tbsp
  3. Salt as per taste
  4. Red chili flakes - 1 tsp(you can avoid this if you don't want your makhana to be spicy)
  5.  Dry mango powder - 2 tsp

Method -
  1. Take a deep wok and heat it up.
  2. Add ghee in it.
  3. When the ghee is heated up add some salt in it.
  4. Stir it and add makhanas.
  5. Now add red chili flakes and dry mango powder.
  6. Roast it on a low flame.
  7. Stir it nicely,to coat the masala properly and drizzle some more ghee.
  8. You can feel a chili smoke,so be careful while roasting it.
  9. Now around after 5 to 7 minutes check the makhana by pressing it.
  10. If they have turned crispy then turn off the flame.
  11. Your Masala Makhana is ready to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chili Garlic pasta

Chili Garlic Pasta Aaj khane me kya hai Mama...kya chahiye Miss Drama :-P ?Pasta...You have enjoyed this advertisement with your kids,and ...